5 Simple Tips for Healthy Living
Most of us, especially at the beginning of a New Year, make New Year Resolutions. We try to come up with ideas for healthier living. Albeit, no matter what we think healthy living should look like, there are good choices and bad choices we make every. single. day.
In this post, I list five simple action tips that you can start today and that can begin you on a road of making healthy choices for a healthier life.
These five suggestions are basic yet simple actions to take.
Now, while these might seem like simple no-brainer tips, you’d be surprised how many people don’t know about them – and more importantly, don’t do them.
- Buy a new toothbrush. Ideally, we’re told to buy new toothbrush every three months, according to the ADA. Every time you come down with a cold or the flu or even a sore throat, these germs can stay in your toothbrush bristles. We don’t sterilize our toothbrushes every day. So, instead of waiting till your next appointment with your dentist to get a new toothbrush or if you’ve been recently sick, it’s a good idea to go out and buy a new one.
- Close that lid! Always, close the toilet lid once you have gone BEFORE flushing. This is because once you flush the toilet, the germ-laden air particles can contaminate the bathroom, landing on towels, toothbrushes, etc.
- Reduce your sugar intake. We’ve all seen and heard the warnings of how today’s refined sugar is bad for us. Start by cutting back on the amount of sugar you put in your coffee or tea or on your cereal, etc. You can also decide to just put the sugar away completely.
- Get more sleep. Most of us are not getting enough sleep every night. This can lead to depression and obesity, among other things. In fact, 34.8 percent of Americans are sleep deprived. Meaning they are not getting the minimum requirement of seven hours every night.
- Exercise*. Though this topic is last on my list, it is by far not the least important. Studies show that simple exercise, even just 30 minutes a day can prevent heart disease, lower blood sugar and blood pressure. Exercise also increases the release of chemicals called endorphins, the part of our brain that makes us feel good. *Please note that before beginning any exercise program, check with your doctor.
In summary, whether we discuss it with others or not, deep down we all want a healthy lifestyle and in order to do so, we need to begin with making healthy decisions. These are just five ways to being to introduce healthy living into your daily routine. After a while, introduce more ways to your day and see for yourself the immense benefit on your mind and body. Challenge yourself to add to this list. Trust me, your body will thank you.
Contact TCG Solutions for information on how we can save you money on your insurance today.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $14.04Was: $17.99
Price: $39.50Was: $49.99
About the author: Marion Wijnberg Online Business Manager and Virtual Assistant. Marion has more than 17 years of management and writing experience. You can visit her website at www.iTaskVirtually.com to learn more or connect with her on LinkedIn.