Have you seen the 8-Ball Emoji on Facebook lately? If you are like me you had no idea what is the meaning of it. It is prostate cancer awareness campaign.
It appears to be a campaign started in the United Kingdom but regardless, cancer is a concern no matter where you reside.
Here are some key stats from the American Cancer Society about prostate cancer estimations in the United States for 2017:
- About 161,360 new cases of prostate cancer.
- About 26, 730 deaths from prostate cancer.
- About 1 in 7 will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during his lifetime.
- About 6 cases in 10 are diagnosed in men aged 65 or older, and it is rare before age 40.
- Prostate cancer is the third leading cause of cancer deaths in American men.
As with any form of cancer, early detection and treatment is key. Talk to you physician and learn how you can do your part to help prevent prostate cancer.
You can also protect yourself financially with a cancer policy that helps cover some of the out of pocket costs associated with a cancer diagnosis, treatment and recovery. Policies are designed to help offset some of these cost so you can focus on what is important, your recovery. Some policies can also include other options making them versatile as well as affordable. quotes are available.
For more information in Kansas and Missouri you can Contact Me and I will be happy to talk to you about how a cancer policy can benefit you.
Statistics can be found here: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostate-cancer/about/key-statistics.html